The CAF Champions League season 2020/2021 will end on 17th July,2021 with South Africa's Kaiser Chiefs taking on Al Ahly of Egypt in Morocco.
This game will present an opportunity to Ugandan Referee Okello Dick who will become the first Ugandan to officiate in a CAF Champions League final.
Here Blizz Uganda brings you facts about the referee.
- Dick Okello is a 30 year old referee having been born on 5th December,1990 in Lira District.
- He is a teacher by profession and qualified as a referee in 2011 before getting the FIFA badge (assistant referee) in 2017.
- In the year 2021, he has handled seven matches, three CAF Champions League matches, two CAF Confederations cup matches and two CHAN qualifiers matches.
- He officiated a 1:0 win by Esperance against El Zamalek in March, took charge of El Merrikh's two all draw against Al Ahly in April before handling a one all stalemate between MC Alger and Wydad Casablanca in May.
- The two matches he officiated inning Total CAF Confederations cup include a 3:0 win by Raja Casablanca against Namungu FC and was also in charge of Pyramids barren stalemate between Pyramids FC and Raja Casablanca.
- In CHAN qualifiers, he was in the midst of Comoros and Togo and also officiated the finals of the tournament that was held in Cameroon between winners Morocco who defeated Mali.