People think that when you fail to get education, it is the end of the world; that is not right. People who left school at an early stage have made it in life; have been successful in various activities including politics, economics, business, arts and many others. This post is not written to undermine the value of education, but to show that even those who got no education can make it in life and become successful. Here is the list of 14 successful people who managed to make it even when they failed to finish their studies in the real time.
14. Let me Start with our boy Eddy Kenzo, he is a S.4 graduate from Lubiri S.S, but now consider and see how successful he has become. He holds the Record of having the highest number of views in Uganda with over 227 Million views. He was the First East African to win the BET Award; he won the African Artist of the Nigeria in the Nigerian Entertainment Awards etc.
13. Jack Dorsey the co-founder of twitter Joined Missouri University of Science and Technology, then Dropped out and shifted to New York where he joined New York University and dropped out before finishing. He now has wealth net worth of 4 Billion Dollars.
12. Gordon Wavamuno After Senior 4, one of the top 10 richest Ugandans Gordon Wavamunno dropped out of school and joined business where he found success. He owns Spear Motors Limited the sole Benz Car dealer in Uganda, WBS, Various buildings and hotels, Real Estates projects in Kampala with net worth close to $500 Millions.
11. Brad pitt was studying to be a Journalist but dropped out of the University of Missouri two weeks graduation, he is now the actor, Popular in Movies like the Troy (2004) Mr. and Mrs. Smith (2013) and the most recent World War Z (2013) He is the husband to the most popular Female Actor (Actress) Angelina Jolie (Salt)
10. Sheebah Karungi, the two times Female Artist of the Year in Hipipo Music Awards and also one time Female Artist of the Year in Zzina Awards and Uganda Entertainment Awards dropped out of school in Senior Two when she was only 15 years to join Stingers, a dancing group in 2005 which she later left to join Obsessions in 2006. She is currently one of the most selling and most successful Ugandan Musicians.
9. Natasha Bedingfield, Ranked as the 66th Most popular and greatest woman in Music Industry ever Withdrew from university of Greenwich, She is Popular in Uganda with her song ‘Love like this’ (Remixed with Sean Kingston)
8. Paul Allen (R.I.P 2018) the Co-founder of Microsoft Dropped out of Washington State University in 1974 and they, with Bill Gates Founded Microsoft in 1975. At the time of his death, he was ranked by Forbes as the 44th richest man in the whole world with Net worth of 21 Billion Dollars.
7. Lady Gaga one of the most Popular Musicians in the world dropped out of New York University (NYU) after her year one.
6. Oprah Winfrey the most influential woman and the most loved woman in the world, who was the first Black Billionaire in the whole world, dropped out of Tennessee State University.
5. Steve Jobs (R.I.P) the founder of Apple the Richest Software Company dropped out of Reed College
4. Idi Amin Dada (R.I.P). He was a Ugandan President for 9 years, considered by some as the best president Uganda has ever had. A post, which is disputed anyway. It is not clear if he dropped out because some even suggest that he never stepped in school while some others say that he is a P.2 graduate. He was an Army Field Marshal, Chairman OAU (AU) 1975 and many other positions.
3. Abraham Lincoln (R.I.P) Probably the best President of the United States ever left School at the age of 12 to help his Parents (Dad and Step Mum) in the farm.
2. Mark Zuckberg the founder of Facebook, with the rich net worth of 45.1 Billion Dollars (2016 Forbes report) also dropped out of Harvard College. He is currently the fifth richest person in the whole world and the richest under 35 in the whole world.
1. Bill Gates the World’s richest Billionaire from 1996 – 2018 (excluding years 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 where he was No.2). The co Founder of Microsoft with Allen Paul also dropped out of Harvard University. He is the 2nd richest Individual in the whole world with the net worth of US $105 billion (Forbes 2019).