Legendary singer Jose Chameleone has finally spoken about his recent altercation with the URA tax officials in relation to avoiding taxes thereby warning his betrayer and close friend, Balaam Barugahara as a key player in the music industry to be more careful next time while playing his hide and seek games.
Basing on the official statement issued by the "Baliwa" singer through his social media accounts, he has made it clear that his close friend and business partner, events promoter Balaam Barugahara is the real "Judas Eschariot" that set the trap for him to fall into the hot soup of the URA tax men basing on the sound of the Balaam voice that he noticed while his car was being taken away for verification according to a video clip.
"Many people are concerned about the back ground voice in the Video as my car was being taken for verification that seem to sound like my friend, Balaam's voice. I've played and replayed the video, and I think I will make a statement after a word with Balaam to understand his actions. For now, I can only say that as a key player in the music industry, he should be more careful next time," said Chameleone.
The singer has conceded that there were some taxes that he hadn't cleared for his Toyota V8 and he is working on the issue with URA to ensure that he secures his ride so soon from the tax men.
Watch the Video of the fight below:
Check out Jose Chameleone's official statement below;
"STATEMENT ON MY RECENT IMPASSE WITH URA
Dear all, The media is awash with news and videos circulating, involving myself and the URA enforcement officers. Let me make some clarifications.
1. On 12th April - Easter Sunday, while enroute to BBS TV, I was intercepted by the URA enforcement at the entrance of Masengere.
2. It was less than 15 minutes to my appearance on the live TV show - EASTER CAMUKA - to which I later appeared. Because of the anxiety at that moment, I got engaged in a regretabble exchange with the URA team.
3. The URA team demanded for papers of my car (which were not in with me at time), and I felt it could have waited, the rest is history.
I wish to state, that as a person, in my celebrity capacity and as a leader, I have values I stand for, and I get disappointed every time I fail on them, just like that time.Therefore, for all of you my people who felt that I fell below your expectations, I'm sorry. I'm just human.
4. On 13th April, 2020 - Easter Monday - we handed over the car to URA for scrutiny as requested and have assured them cooperation of our highest regard in their process of scrutiny.
5. To enable this, I and my team are in contact with the URA to ensure that this impasse is resolved emicably and all dues are paid accordingly after verification and assessment.
6. Many people are concerned about the back ground voice in the Video as my car was being taken for verification that seem to sound like my friend, Balaam's voice. I've played and replayed the video, and I think I will make a statement after a word with Balaam to understand his actions. For now, I can only say that as a key player in the music industry, he should be more careful next time.
7. Lastly, I assure you, all my fans and supporters, that I'm fine and enduring the lockdown. Let's be calm, and continue observing the regulations as given by the World health organization and government. In the mean time I will continue working on more great Music.
May God Bless you. Mayanja.
15 / April / 2020."-Jose Chameleone.